Monday, June 04, 2007
At first, thought that the camp would be quite strict cause of what Shannon, Kelvin and Victor said about it when they attended it last year. But to my surprise, it was not even strict but much slack than I thought.
First day in LDC 2 camp.Firstly, an introduction by officers and CL. Next is a series of lessons and group works and a test of BB knowledge. Next, we checked into our dorms. Till now, everything was fine, just as what I expected from LDC 2 camp, time limits for fall in, and the strict commanding by the CLs. After all that was lunch. After lunch, was a game called Combat Skirmish. U can go search for it in the internet for details. After the game, we were given some time to rest and there we go again, having lessons again. After the lessons are over, it was time for BBQ. It was till here where I discovered that the LDC 2 camp was a totally slack camp. Why I think so? Cause during the BBQ, it was where the 'know how to do' people take charge....the 'dunno how to do' people, would just have no choice but to sit or stand and watch by the side. So be it......After some time, the BBQ fire was started and they started to cook the food. With no planning in their mind I assume, they starting to cook food aimlessly. What do i mean by aimlessly? I mean they just cook the food they wanted to eat.....and not all at once. Example: cooking Otah first, then chicken wings, then sausages cause someone wanted to eat it and so on so forth. After the food was cooked, 1 person suggested testing whether the food was well-cooked and started eating it. I was totally shocked by his actions. Cause in BB, u will have to sing 'Table grace'(I believe it is a hymn/prayer) Then, when the officers saw that, they started talking to them about it. And i mean TALKING, NOT REPRIMANDING!!
Sigh...........What can I do? Lol.. So during the BBQ, only those who are cooking or on good terms with the chef can get to eat first.....Luckily, the officers announced that bee hoon are available so I went to eat bee hoon, hoping to fill up my stomach with just bee hoon. After two plates of those, I started feeling full and it was also during this time, my friend Xu Yao offered Yong Xiang and me some food that he and his friends babarqued. After a long time of seating there, chatting with Yong Xiang, and eating some of the food Xu Yao gave us, the BBQ session was finally over, and it is time for shower.
So I went up to my dorm, rested for awhile. Just when I wanted to go take my shower, we was ordered to fall in. Then we were told about y the camp was so slack and about an accident that occured in the toliet while everyone was showering. It was a BB boy named Yung Wan who jumped to peek at others while they are bathing and broke his head and suffered some back injuries due to slipping. Guess I will stop toking about the first day and go on to the second day.
The second day of LDC 2 Camp.After the reprimanding last night, everyone was quite obedient today, afterall, it was the last day of the camp. Same as the first day, lessons lessons and more lessons.....Cause the day before, various squads were given duties to perform during the talent performance. Out of 6 groups, 4 would be performing, 1 would be organising the graduation ceremony and 1 would be the 'host' for the whole talent performance. 2 of the groups did a skit on leadership qualities. Our group was performing a game show, 'SURVIVOR Wiki Wiki'. It performance was quite funny, where challenges were given. The first one was a impersonating challenge. Four survivors would impersonate a hero/celebrity. Our squad members and their roles are: Grabriel(host of the show), Nicklaos(Mr Bean), Marcus(spiderman), another boy who I dun remember his name(Magneto) and me as Superman. The clip was funny......but I dun remember the whole process anymore. Next up was Yong Xiang's squad....Performing a skit on Spiderman 3. Quite funny....MJ in the real Spiderman 3 was Mary Jane but in the skit, it was Michael Julios, a guy. rofl Lol. The skit was short but enjoyable. Last but no least, Xu Yao's group who was in charge of the Graduation Ceremony. It was quite boring.....Seeing ppl going up taking the COP cert....and coming down.....then officers going up for speeches and so on so forth. After that, it was finally time for home sweet home....
On the way home, at the shopping centre near sembawang MRT station, my friends saw a dog being tied outside, and Yong Xiang said that the dog is suffering due to the heat and asked someone to give it some water to drink. I then lent him my 1.5litres water bottle, as there was some water left in it. While YX was feeding the dog some water, the dog started licking and licked the tip of the water bottle....Lol, after that, how am I able to keep the water bottle, so I threw it away afterwards. Not long before we left the dog, we saw its owner coming to pick it up and all of us felt relieved.
Wow, it is a long post, wasn't it.....guess a long post once in a while is okay, right.
Ok, gonna stop here now....c ya guys :D
Pig Missed Piggy @ 9:24 PM