Friday, February 16, 2007
Hi guys, I am back. Maybe just for today, or for the rest of the days, I am not sure. Depends on my mood and whether I have enough time. I have my tppcrpg(pokemon) to play, 2 Logd versions(Legend of the Green Dragon), and alot of homework to complete. For examples, emaths, amaths, chinese, art and Social Studies.
Today is the day we celebrate CNY in YSS, though the eve is tomorrow and the real day is on Sunday, there is no school on Saturday or Sunday so I guess they have no choice but to hold it today. Firstly, as normal, lessons until 11.30am. At 11.30am, we went down for the CNY concert. The concert started with a musical by the band members. I couldn't recognise what is the name of the CNY song they are playing but I can roughly know how to sing it. Followed by it was the Chinese Dance members who performed a marvellous performance, appreciated it very much so thanks to them. Next, was the singing contest I guess. The first singer(can't remember the name) sang the song 'yong gan' I think...am I wrong?? The second singer sang Yi Shi De Mei Hao and the third singer, who was Bei er(did I spell it wrongly??), sang pretty well, although I guess that she forgot a little of her lyrics. I don't remember the song name cause maybe I wasn't paying attention to the MC. After that, it was followed with a song by the first singer and the fourth contestant for the contest,Patricia. When the song was progressing towards the middle portion, the curtains began to pulled aside and the choir starting to sing together with the singers. I forgot the song name, sorry. Next was a performance by a remarkable person they say. The person, performed his skills using a flute( I think) and composed a beautiful piece. Although due to maybe the mike, the sound was a little bit piercing to the ears but it was nice overall. Somehow, I find him famaliar, but I can't make out when. Maybe during the previous CNY I guess.
After that, the singing contest resumed with Patricia singing the song, Lao Shu Ai Da Mi. As I heard the song the day before in the badminton practice and it was nice, I too listened to it quietly once again and as I thought, it was nice. Followed by that was Han Hui and once again, I forgot the name of the song. His performance was good, or should I say better than the other contestants before. Also, the people supporting him are alot and the audience on my side are all so hyperactive. They all cheered so loudly for him and Fadzy even wrote his name on a drawing board and starting waving it. Although people said his singing is not nice, I think that it was pretty good. In fact, if I knew what was the song he sang, I would surely try ways to download it, no doubt. The last contestant for the contest is Alex, who sang Tong Hua. He sang very well, considering that he is not a chinese. The pronouncing of the chinese was good, with very less mistakes which can compare to some of the chinese students. Like Han Hui, there are also a lot of people supporting him I guess. The minute he came to the stage, the audience started cheering for him. My side too, was like cheering for him too. One of the student(my side), wrote something and showed it up. I looked at it and laughed immediately. You know what was written on it? 'Gay Boy' was written on it. HAHA, isn't it funny. Next was a song by some of the male teachers. After that, was the time they give out their prizes for the Singing contest and the cleanest classroom. Han Hui got first, Alex got second and the first singer for third. The others all got consolation prize. Next was the cleanest classroom. As expected, we did not get any prize at all, but congrats to 4E8 for winning the second place.(Did I remember wrongly??I hope not)
The whole concert tooked 2hrs and 20minutes. Wow, it was so long that my legs are cramped from all that sitting. After the concert ended, I went down and have lunch with Chen Lok and company before making my way home. That was roughly what happened today. Well, did I mixed the orders of the performance up?? I believe that I did but I don't know which one I mixed up. On the way home, I thought of going back to YPS and wish my ex-teachers Happy New Year. But, I still dismissed that thought. Why? Cause I was like scared of being rejected by the security guard when I reached there and as Edwin won't be going back, it would seem that I am going back alone. Also, I believed that YPS would have their New Year Celebrations ended by now and so, didn't want to go back. I do want to meet my old friends of YPS, but there is still other chance right? Like teachers' day and other festive days.
Well, that's all for my post today. See Ya :D
Pig Missed Piggy @ 4:03 PM