Sunday, December 10, 2006
The camp was said to be held at Malaysia which is a overseas camp. I am so excited at the thought of it as it is my first time attending the youth camp and it is also my first time going overseas.
But because the briefing of the camp is on a Sunday morning and my camp is on Monday in the morning, I have only one say to prepare. OMG, time is like so rushed and I for once forgot to bring something. We are supposed to reach AMK Bethestal hall at 7.30am I think and I am almost late. Once I reached there, I collected my name tag, camp booklet and my camp T-Shirt. I was like 'Wow' once I saw how the camp shirt was designed. My friend Victor and I waited for our friend to arrive while waiting for the bus which was going to bring us to Port Dickson.
At last, my friend, Dominic, arrived and soon after, the buses arrived too. Upon knowing that the whole trip would take up to at least 4 hours, I decided to take a nap on the bus. And so, after carrying all my luggage into the coach, we set off for Port Dickson. I was disturbed on two occasions, that is when we are going to pass through the Singapore Customs and the Malaysia Customs. The trip continued and after one or half an hour, it stopped again at a hawker centre or something like that.
I got down and decided to visit the toliet and went back to the coach after that due to not having any RM with me. *sod* And so, thoughout the whole trip, whenever the coach stopped for us to like buy snacks or drinks, I always stayed in the coach. Sigh...then I thought to myself while our coach bus is on its way to Port Dickson.
"Trees here, trees there, trees everywhere!!" was the thought I have while I was looking out the window. Suddenly, I saw some cows muching at the grass and I thought, :"Finally I saw something that is not a tree". Haha..funny isn't it? We reached Port Dickson Methodist centre a little bit late and so once we checked in, we were asked to assemble quickly at the canteen for lunch.
After that, I was introduced to my game group, 'Spirit' and the members there. But as there are like 30 people in the group, I cannot remember most of the names of my teammates. Then we had Ice-Breaking games and next was dinner, after that was a singing session followed by a camp talk my Mr Harold Summers. We had our supper at nine and after that was Dorm Devotion(a time where the whole dorm comes together to shares the God's word). Lights out is at 10.45pm(that was early isn't it?)
The next day, was almost the same except for the Bible Study, the game '7th HEAVEN' and 'The Great Debate' between the broad way and the narrow way.( Christians should know that narrow way is the path that leads to eternal life but broad way leads to destruction as stated in the bible) There was no winner due to there wasn't supposed to be a winner at all. If you want to know why, just place it in the cbox and I will post the reason on my next post. That concludes the second day.
Third day was the same except for from 1pm-6pm where we have some time to ourselves(Finally!!!) and a progamme called 'Bridging the Generation Gap'. It is about how big the gap is for different generations and some ways to solve it.
On the fourth day, we have a progamme called 'Xl Camp CHAMPIONSHIP'. It is a game consisting Captain's ball, dumb and tug of war.(With some modifications to the games) In the case of Captains's ball, the ball was much larger, like those beach balls, and the guard have to wear a swimming float around the waist and the catcher have to wear a google with only two small holes to see where the ball is. For dumb, we are using humans for the pieces and have only 15s to make a move. I think that's all for the changes. It ended at 6pm and after dinner and a singing session, we make our way to the workshop. There are four workshops altogether. They are Count your Blessings, Boy Girl Relationship Issue - "Finding True Love?", Signs and Wonders and Perils & Potential of the Internet. You would surely know what workshop I had chosen. BGR that is. If you want to know what the stuff was about, ask for it at the cbox and I will try my best to find time to post it.
Friday was the last day of our camp. Everything was the same except for that we have to prepare for Campers' Nite from 1 to 5.30pm. as our Campers' Nite is on 6.30pm which is after dinner. We prepared a show and a song just in time for the performance. However, the results did not turn out as well as we thought. After adding all our scores, we were unfortunately placed last of all the teams.
Victor's team, Love, was placed second while Dominic's team, Purity, was placed third. No doubt that there was disappointment in us but I really had fun so I think it is ok. And at 10pm, the moment which most of us are waiting for, the Camp Fire!!! All of us made ourselves to the campfire site with care as it was still drizzling. Most of the campers was worried that the fire won't start due to the wood was wet but I guess worries are no longer needed as the campfire was started after an impressive display of the torch making its way from the top of a building to the campsite. All of us clapped and was happy at the campfire being started. Next, different campers came out to share their reflections of the camp, including the game leaders. Dominic and I thought of going out to share too, but as there wasn't enough time left, we did not share and instead, Mr Harold Summers is going to perform for us him playing the guitar. We all clapped and enjoyed his performance. Next, all of us made our way to our dorms and I was asked by Dominic to stay awake throughout the night.
Thinking it was a good idea, I agreed and both of us chatted along the way towards the campfire site. Feeling cold, I went back to get my jacket and went back to the campfire site. Then at there, we gazed at the sky with stars and from Dominic's information, I kew that I was looking at the star called Orion. It is said to be a very rare sight and to be able to see it on my first time in Malaysia, I felt really fortunate.
We stayed and chatted and Dominic suddenly asked a very sensitive question. 'Who do you think you like of all the girls in the camp?' I was shocked at the question but we both told one another our answer. But somehow, I felt that I was not being fair to him as he did told me the name of the girl he took a fancy to but as I do not know the name of the girl I liked, I could not tell him the name.
And so, we stayed and chatted until 2am and we were chased back to our dorms. On the next morning, I was shocked to see Dominic wearing the same clothes as yesterday. I asked him why and then he said that at 3.30am, he went to the hall to learn how to play a guitar and only slept for 20 minutes. I was amazed at what he had done for I am already asleep before 3.30am. We had our breakfast together and packed our belongings to prepare for leaving the centre. After all preparations were done, we left the centre at I think 9am-10am and reached a shopping centre(still in Malaysia).
As I do not have any RM, I went inside the centre only to take a look and once Dominic and his friend are finished shopping, They went off into their bus and I stayed outside of the shopping centre to look at a fish which is almost the same height as me if lifted up vertically. After looking at it for awhile, I went back to my coach bus and waited for it to leave. It took quite some time for us from the shopping centre to get though the Malaysia Customs and to the Singapore Customs.
I was filled with jealous feelings as I saw those above the age of 16 pass though the customs using the new system. It was like boarding the bus. Firstly, they need to scan ur passport on the computer and like using a ez-link card, you leave ur passport there for like a few seconds and once it is ready, you just need to walk a few steps and scan ur fingerprint and you can go. It is like so fast compared to ours. After that, we made our way to the coach bus. After everyone arrived, we left for AMK Bethestal Hall and reached there at about 3+pm. Then, we waited for Dominic's bus to arrive. It arrived like 10-20 minutes later and Victor suggested waiting for Mr Kenneth Khong of bus A but then after about 10 minutes of waiting, Victor made his way towards someone I am not familiar with while Dominic and I went back to get our luggage preparing to leave.
As we are approching the bus-stop, we saw bus 76 left the bus-stop and so, we have to wait for another bus. To kill time, Dominic started asking each other about the songs we sang in the camp and asked if anyone remember it. I remembered some and started singing. We sang songs from while we are waiting for the bus till when we reached Yio Chu Kang MRT station. From there, we boarded the MRT and we bidded farewell to each other as I was departing at Katib while they are departing at Yishun.
As I made my way back home, I tried singing softly the songs I liked. They are 'Calvary, in Step With Christ(YC 2006)', 'Thank You, Lord (for the trials)', 'You Are My All In All', 'A Purple Robe', and 'Therefore Being Justified By Faith'.
Pig Missed Piggy @ 1:35 AM