Tuesday, November 14, 2006
I have read ur post about friends, Yi Sheng, so I thought I also post one of the same topic but the content would be different.
Friends are something everyone should have. Not just one but as many as you can make. They care for you when you are sick or sad. They would often share your happiness together with you and many other kinds of things they would do together with you so that you won't ever feel loney and isolate yourself from others. And so, it is a good thing to have friends and it is certainly not a bad idea to have as many friends as you can judging from the advantages above.
Who cares about whether your friend is a gay or a lesbian? Nobody. Even if there is, there would just be gossips/rumours about it and believe me, it would die out by itself in just a few months if nobody ever cares to respond to it. However, if there are really some people who respond to the gossips, as long as ur friend and you don't respond to it, the gossips about your friend and you is still going to die out after a few months. During the period of time when the gossip is still going on, you may find it hard to tolerate the gossips but just try your best to bear with it. If needed, you can vent your anger on something like a pillow or booster maybe?? And once the gossip dies down, you can still continue making friends with whoever you want. Can anybody stop you?? The answer is NO as this is your life and no outsiders can interfere with your social activities or relationships.And so, why should you avoid ur friends just because he is a gay/lesbian? They are also human beings like you who have feelings and emotions. Avoiding them just because they are gays/lesbians would hurt their feelings greatly. Imagine it yourself, if someone avoids you just because theres something wrong with you, how would you feel? Sad? Loney? Depressed? If you get this feelings, the friend that you avoided may be feeling the same so whatever you do, put yourself in the shoes of the other party and think of the consequences before you do it.
Communication may be a problem between most people, including best friends when you and your friend don't have the same interest. And if you is the kind who is shy and not the kind who likes to express yourself, the problem is much more worse than the first one. So, if you really want people to talk to you or want to tell people something but don't have the courage, just go to him and start a conversation with him(that is if he is not busy with anything) about anything. eg: tv series, cpu games, daily news and many more...Once you started the conversation, all you have to do now is the keep the conversation going and tell that person what you want to tell him when you have the chance. Also, you can't always wait for others to tell or ask you about something/to do something before you respond. Sometimes, you just have to make the initative instead of waiting for the other party to take the initative. For all you know, you and your friends may be waiting for each other to take the initative to ask each other out. In that case, he wait for you, you wait for him, there would be no end to it. Even if the other party refuses your invitation for outing/sports, don't be discouraged as there would still be other chances to do so in the future.
Although sometimes you would feel isolated from your friends when they are talking about something else like maplestory/dota/runescape just because you don't play that game and you don't know anything about it. Like me, when I was in secondary one/secondary two, most of the people in my class talks mostly of Runescape. I tried lending a ear but as I found out that I in the end do not fit into the discussion, I thought of playing Runescape in order to mix into their conversation. Everyone was surprised that I opposed to playing Runescape in the begining but actually agreed to playing it in the end. After playing for some time, I found out that I finally fitted into the discusssion and for me, it is a good thing. And so, if you don't want to feel isolated from your friends when they are having a discussion when you don't fit in, try to fit in like if they are talking about maplestory, try playing that game and after that, you can try fitting in. If you don't like this method, then just lend a listening ear to them or talk to someone else about anything.
Whoa, this post is getting really long.....
But not all friends are kind and helpful, there are some with harmful intentions and some with motives(have I been watching to much tv??). But there should be nothing to fear since I don't think secondary schools have the previlage of people doing this. However, if you are really afraid that these things would happen to you, my only advice is for you to be careful of the people around you and be more cautious. As most tv series like to show 'Ren Xin Ge Du Pi', english should be 'Don't judge a book by its cover', meaning is almost the same.(Yes, I am watching far to much tv series=P). Primary school life is much better. Firstly, you do not need to be as cautious as primary school life is the place for innocent childrens who have no harmful intentions ever. The teachers are kind, the food is cheap =P and your friends won't ignore you just because you did something bad. They are also the type who don't mind doing anything in order to have fun. eg: performing on stage or dancing. Unlike Secondary schools, most people started thinking about harmful intentions, looks, size and pride. (This post is about friends, so why should I link it to primary school life...hmm...oh, I got it) And no one would gossip much about a girl and a boy being together oftenly. There may be rumours, but they are just for fun and so it is harmless. (That's the reasons why I miss primary school so much :D)
However, when people from Primary school graduated to Secondary schools, they started changing due to the harmful effects present in Secondary school. When the secondary 1/2 meet those of secondary 3/4, the secondary 1/2 students tend to take note of their appearances and how they react. Some would then turn to changing their hairstyle in order to look cool and mixing with bad influences for some other reasons. As a result, I personally feel that secondary schools are the stage when most of the primary school students get 'polluted' after they graduated.
So considering all the positive advantages I have mentioned above and ignoring the negative impacts(as positive impact takes majority and majority wins), What is stopping you from making as many friends as possible?? Nothing!!! So go out there and make as much friends as you can as possible!!!
Any doubts or comments pls post one the tagboard, I will try to reply asap after I read it...Thanks for reading my Incrediblely LONG Post.......
Pig Missed Piggy @ 8:01 AM